Sunday, February 4, 2007

Ready, Set, Go

This is what happens: You're sitting in your office at work thinking to yourself, gee, I'm kind of bored because nobody is calling me back and I can't finish this news article until people call me back.

So you're sitting there at your desk and then you have an epiphany: Start a Blog!

Blog is such a strange word. Not personally my favorite, but whatever. But since this scenario is typical of my Thursdays and Fridays in the newsroom, starting a blog is what I decided to do. Here's who this blog is NOT for:

1) If you hate writing and hate reading about writing, you've stumbled into the wrong blog-o-sphere.
2) If you hate listening to someone talk about poor grammar and the like, you're in the wrong place.
3) If you hate people that talk about Shakespeare like he's the 13th apostle and can't understand what people see in Truman Capote, go away now.
4) If you don't know what the virgule is, game on! You're going to learn when I start my series, "My Favorite Marks of Punctuation."
5) If you don't give two hoots about my adventures in journalism, this is also not the blog for you.

Through my experiences and relations, I hope at least somebody can take something away from this. The goal is eventually to turn the blog entries into some kind of book, but we'll see how that goes. I'll probably be posting more than once a week, depending on how busy I am at work or how late I'm up at night wishing I had something to me awake while I'm hanging out on AIM.

So suit up and get your game on and enjoy The Writer's Life.

Ps.> Brownie points to whoever can tell me where the blog name, "Words, Words, Words" is quoted from. ;)

*Rebecca W.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hamlet, 2,2

Allie said...

words, words words, I mean